Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane...

While I was going through some stuff in my desk, trying to tame down the files and
paperwork, I came across a cd with some pictures on it. What fun it was to find some of the rare pictures with my hair cut boy short (when I used to actually go into the barber shop for a $6 hair cut) after I volunteered for service in the Navy again after 9/11. This was one of the all time easiest hair styles.

Looking at the pictures though took me back to one of many memories in particular. I remember as we were enroute to Virginia from Northern California, we stopped at a gas station in Salt Lake City. When we were pumping gas, making casual conversation regarding our Navy move with gentleman,the gentleman looked at me from across the car, and proceeded to ask Ken where we were headed and how long HE (me) had been in?! Ken got QUITE a chuckle out of that and didn't let me live that one down. He still chuckles about that every now and then.

In this picture (below), this is where Jewel spend most of her time as a little girl In Weaverville California next to one of our favorite spots. "Rock 'N Water." Yes, the majority of the town looked like this. It was BEAUTIFUL! Ahh... I miss the countryside. Having grown up in the county myself, my heart often aches for the county. I'm so glad Jewel was able to spend some of her time in the woods. She too longs to live out in the country again someday.


Jewel taking a photo of Ken and I looking back at her being silly while we waiting for our food at Miller's Drive-In, which is a cute carhop in Weaverville.


A few years later as my hair grew out, I went for a short curly style. This is me in uniform after being frocked as a Third Class Petty Officer.


Later as my hair grew longer per Ken's request, I started putting it up in a bun and french rolls more often. That's me on the left serving as a sideboy during a retirement ceremony for HM1 Carrol.


Finally, me nearer to the end of my enlistment in 2005. I'm receiving my 3rd Naval Achievement Medal(NAM) from Capt Kuhn in 3 years. It was so nice to have my sweetheart be so proud of me. It was a lot of work earning 3 NAMs in the 3 years and Ken never let me forget that. It was so wonderful to have his full support.

No comments:

Post a Comment