Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Concrete Find...

Most who know me, know that I'm a real thrifty shopper and love to be active in organizations like Freecycle. Well, recently someone offered a pair of concrete benches for free. Based on the description, I imagined a plain pair of rectangular concrete benches with square edges. I was happy with that as it would be a nice firm weather resistant seating for around our planned pond. How pleasantly surprised I was when we arrived to pick them up and saw the lovely curves and designs in the concrete benches. They could use a new coat of concrete paint, but there's also something about that aged look that is so appealing too. Only time will tell what I decide to do.

Our new concrete benches






Designs on the supports & edgeing of the seat


Hot tub shells we received a while ago from Freecycle that we plan on sinking into the ground to create a nice pond in the backyard and filling with Koi and surrounding with plants of course.

1 comment: